Marist will play their first game of the 2012-2013 season in Poughkeepsie on November 9 against Stony Brook. From game one, the Red Foxes will attempt to prove that they're just as good or maybe a little better than last season's team. They hope the loss of 5% of last season's minutes will be offset by the emergence of three incoming freshmen.
The Marist offense will suffer from a 10.9% drop in assists, the largest gap that the team will need to fill. Last season, Marist finished with a final overall record of 13-17
and placed 8th in the MAAC regular season with a conference record of 7-11. The Red Foxes lost to Iona 87-63 in the MAAC tournament. Marist lost last year's senior R.J. Hall (13 minutes per game).
The Red Foxes bring back senior Devin Price (13.6 points/game), sophomore Chavaughn Lewis (14.4 points/game), junior Adam Kemp (2.2 blocked shots/game), sophomore Isaiah Morton (2.6 assists/game), and sophomore Manny Thomas (1.3 assists/game).
The Red Foxes get new blood including freshmen 6-2 Khallid Hart, 6-7 Phillip Lawrence, and 6-10 Eric Truog. Also joining the team is 6-4 junior Patrick Ramsey. The first MAAC game for Marist will be on December 7th against Manhattan.
Tags: R.J. Hall
- Since 2002, Marist has an overall winning percentage of 39.9%.
- The Red Foxes have an average conference finish of 8.2 over the last 5 seasons. Over the past 16 the team has an average finish of 6.1.
- The average final RPI (last year) of opponents on this year's schedule is 188.6.
- This year's opponent with the highest RPI from last year is Iona (#51).
- This year's opponent with the lowest RPI from last year is Canisius (#333).
, Devin Price
, Chavaughn Lewis
, Adam Kemp
, Isaiah Morton
, Manny Thomas
, Khallid Hart
, Phillip Lawrence
, Eric Truog
, Patrick Ramsey